Scientific Committee Members
GP. Family Physician Barcelona . Wonca .
BiographyStudies and professional experience
• Medicine and Surgery MD. University of Navarra 1986.
• PhD, Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) 2015. Thesis on Cost-Utility of an intervention to prevent depression in primary care.
• Specialist in Family and Community Medicine: Training Programme Barcelona 1988-1990.
• Family Physician at La Mina Primary Health Care Academic Centre, since 1991 and also director of the Centre since 2018.
• Tutor in pre and postgraduate programmes of Family Medicine.
• Member of the Spanish Primary Care Research Network (RedIAAP)
Areas of Interests
• Mental health
• Training and Education for family doctors
• Communication skills in practice.
• Health Related Quality of Life (HRQoL) and Patients
Related Outcomes (PRO)
• Social influence on health and community approach for interventions
• AIDS/HIV and management of illicit drug problems
• Gastroenterology in primary care
• Directive Member of the Spanish Society of Family and Community Medicine (semFYC) and chairman of its International Committee (1995-2003)
• Representative at WONCA Council 1993-2003
• Vice-president of WONCA Europe. 1998-2001
• Member of European Society for Primary Care Gastroenterology (ESPCG) and its president since June 2016.
• Co-founder of the European Depression Association (EDA) and European Depression Day.
• Member of the board of the WONCA Working Party on Mental Health.